In the Chianti region, surrounded by stunning landscape, only 15 minutes from Florence, this wonderful property affords privacy and a place of timeless charme. The estate includes a main Tuscan master villa dating back to 1600, as well as two annexes encompassing 2,000 sqm (21,528 sqft). In the Chianti region, surrounded by stunning landscape, only 25 minutes from Florence, this wonderful property affords privacy and a place of timeless charm, chosen as an inspiring place from a well-known Italian artist and belonging during the 16th century to the poet and musician who laid the foundations of the Italian opera.
The estate includes a main Tuscan manorial villa dating back to the 17th century, as well as two annexes encompassing 2,000 sqm (21,528 sqft).
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The main villa dates back to 1600, is disposed on three levels spanning 1,000 square metres or 10,764 square feet. The villa has been designed in its actual structure in the 16th century. The villa is an intact example of linearity and harmony typical of Renaissance. The interior finishes are often original, as the inlaid or painted doors of 16th century.
- Lower ground floor: kitchen with original fireplace, pantry, beautiful cellars with vaulted ceilings, bathroom, living room with fireplace, warehouse. Wood burning oven. An underground tunnel leads to the nearby annexe;
- Ground floor: entrance, corridor, sitting room, library, living room, large office, dining room, kitchen, WC, bedroom with bathroom. From the living room and the corridor we can reach the panoramic terrace, which leads to the garden and the private chapel. From the corridor we reach the staircase leading to the first floor, under which there is a WC;
- First floor: staircase, corridor, seven bedrooms, studio, covered loggias, three bathrooms.
The annex A is split onto two floors:
- Lower ground floor: garage, warehouse and bathroom;
- Ground floor: porch, living room, kitchen, utility room, two bedrooms, bathroom and storage room.
The annex B is split onto three floors:
- Lower ground floor: warehouse and cellars;
- Ground floor: warehouse, staff apartment with kitchen, two bedrooms, bathroom and storage room.
- First floor: apartment with two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom and some warehouses.
STATE AND FINISHES
The villa was built on the ruins of a tower dating back to the Roman Imperial Age, visible from stone foundation. Not far from the villa there are ruins of an important road of the same Roman Age. This exclusive villa is located not far from a perennial spring water, used for drinking, for other personal or domestic purposes.
A clean stream, that flows in the property, arises from the natural spring. Another stream marks the boundaries of the estate.
In addition to the huge park, the villa has a lovely Italian garden with old trees and a small 17th century chapel with a wonderful stone sculpture on the facade (17th century).
The property is surrounded by 25.0 hectares (61.8 acres) of land with secular olive grove, woodland, cypress trees, live oaks and cedar trees, as well as a natural spring of water dating back to 1500, and it is situated a few kilometres from Florence, in a beautiful valley with historical churches and buildings, inhabited by important Italian families and foreign families.