The palazzo, placed in a dominating position, in the heart of the historic centre of San Gemini, is comprised of two towers, hanging gardens, private parking and a heated pool. It also enjoys a good sun exposure all day long, from dawn to sunset.
It can be accessed both by car through the parking area and on foot from the front garden and from the garden on the back, in the vicinity of the main square of the village. San Gemini, a village of pre-Roman origins, in southern Umbria, famous for its healing waters, is listed as one of Italy’s most beautiful villages (Borghi più belli d’Italia).
The property is within easy reach of the main tourist towns of Umbria: Spoleto and Todi are 35 km away, Orvieto and Perugia can be reached in one hour, Assisi in one hour and ten minutes.
Moreover, only 3 km from San Gemini, it is possible to visit the Roman ruins of Carsulae. The nearest airports are Perugia San Francesco (72km) and the international airports of Rome, Rome Ciampino (113km) and Rome Fiumicino (131km).
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The palazzo dates back to the 16th century and was built on Roman foundations, which can still be seen in the cellar.
The property has a total surface of 1,257 sqm (or 13,531 sqft) and is laid out on five levels, composed as follows.
- The underground floor includes four rooms, used as cellars and additional storage areas.
- The ground floor is made of four units: a living space with its own entrance; a living space connected to the apartment on the first floor. This unit can be converted in an independent apartment; some rooms used as storage rooms, where, according to a project plan, it should be built a Spa; a living space with bathroom, changing room, indoor and outdoor kitchen.
- On the first floor there is the current dwelling of the owners, which can be accessed from the courtyard, the main stairwell and from the garden. It includes an entrance hall, a large kitchen, a living room, seven bedrooms, four bathrooms, two half baths, a study room and a utility room.
- The second floor is made up of an entrance hall, two living rooms, a kitchenette, a kitchen with dining room, seven bedrooms, six bathrooms, a library; a tower on further two floors.
- The layout of the third floor is similar to that of the lower floors but it is only partially habitable. It has two bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen and a sitting room.
The second floor, the third floor, the garden with pool, the indoor and outdoor kitchen and the changing rooms are being rented weekly.
STATE AND FINISHES
The property has been recently restored with great attention to details, e.g. the roof and the HVAC systems were reconstructed, and boasts high-quality finishes. The palazzo features ceilings with wooden beams, terracotta flooring, exposed stone walls, fireplaces, a decorative fireplace, a stone staircase, brick arches, a stone terrace, a central courtyard, a loggia, two towers.
All the second floor bedrooms are equipped with air conditioning system.
From every window of the palace, the stone terrace and in particular from the towers, you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the village and the surrounding hills.
The heated pool is set on a stone terrace, partially sheltered by a portico, with half bath and showers. It has a constant depth of 1.50 m and is equipped with hydro-massage jets and a fountain.
Furthermore, the property includes a well maintained garden of 762 sqm (or 8,202 sqft) and a parking area.
USE AND POTENTIAL USES
The property is currently used as a luxury private dwelling and is running as accommodation business. There is the possibility of creating a boutique hotel.