In Umbria, 2 km from the historic centre of Spoleto, in a very panoramic location, manor villa with dependance, pool, park and agricultural land.
The property boasts breathtaking views over Spoleto and the surrounding hills. Spoleto is one of the most beautiful towns in Umbria, famous for the Festival dei due Mondi, international music, art and culture festival. The villa is within easy reach of the main Umbrian tourist towns such as Foligno (31km), Todi (48km), Assisi (49km) and Perugia (67km).
Perugia airport can be reached in only forty-five minutes, Roma Ciampino airport and Roma Fiumicino airport in one hour and forty-five minutes.
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The property has a total surface of 1,400 sqm (15,069 sqft) and is made up of the villa and the dependance.
The villa is laid out on five levels (two lower ground floors and three floors above ground) plus the attic floor and the turret.
- First lower ground floor: three bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and terraces, small sitting room, technical room, storage room and meeting room.
- Second lower ground floor: large multipurpose room with access from outside, too.
- Ground floor: entrance hall, office, half bath, spacious double-height lounge room, veranda with painted ceilings and stunning panoramic views, breakfast room, hallway, small sitting room, kitchen, technical room, bathroom and hallway. Apartment with its own entry, composed of living/dining room, bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Two storages rooms reachable from outside.
- First floor: two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and landing. Apartment with its own entry, made up of hallway, small sitting room, dining/living room with kitchenette, hallway, bedroom with bathroom, large panoramic terrace covering the apartment on the ground floor.
- Second floor: study belonging to the lower dwelling, corridor, four bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, landing.
- Turret (on two levels): a bedroom with four glass walls and underlying bathroom.
- Attic floor: three attic rooms, utility floor, a bedroom with bathroom.
The dependance is composed of hallway, a bedroom with en suite bathroom and walk-in closet.
STATE AND FINISHES
The origins of this villa, which stands out for its elegance, date back to the 19th century. The property is in excellent condition.
The lounge room features prestigious antique handiwork, such as a monumental fireplace, a coffered ceiling an two wooden columns. The floors of the villa are in terracotta, marble, parquet and antique ceramic; some ceilings have wooden exposed beams. The bedrooms are large, finely furnished and equipped with all comforts.
The villa is surrounded by 11 hectares (27.1 acres) of land, of which 10 ha of park with olive grove, Holm oaks and natural lawns. The other 10,000 sqm are divided into five external areas, particularly well maintained and connected among them, which surround the villa and offer stunning panoramic views: the Italian garden with box flowerbeds and a lot of archaeological evidences, two large terraces on the sides of the entrance area, one of which with mythological statues, the Ring, a lawn ring surrounding the villa, the infinity pool - which has a max. depth of 1.60 m and has an underground outbuilding with technical room, storage room and bathroom – and the pine forest, next to a large parking area.
The external area is ideal for al fresco dining and for relaxing while enjoying the breathtaking views.
USE AND POTENTIAL USES
The property can be used as representative villa, luxury tourist accommodation or main home. It is suitable for those who are looking for beauty, privacy and tranquility in a historic building surrounded by greenery, but within easy reach of all amenities and the most important towns in Umbria.