Among the harmonious hills of Chianti, just outside an historic center with services, wine cellar with Agriturismo, vineyard and olive grove.
The closest and most easily reached centers are San Casciano Val di Pesa (18km; 30rsquo;), Florence (41km; 50rsquo;), San Gimignano (45km; 1h), Siena (45km; 56rsquo;), Montalcino (83km; 1h 35rsquo;), Montepulciano (106km; 1h 30rsquo;), Pienza (113km; 1h 40rsquo;) and Pisa (124km; 1h 35rsquo;).Gli aeroporti di servizio sono Firenze Peretola (39km; 45rsquo;), Pisa Galilei (107km; 1h 25rsquo;), Bologna Marconi (131km; 1h 45rsquo;), Perugia Santrsquo;Egidio (157km; 2h), Roma Ciampino (284km; 2h 55rsquo;) and Roma Fiumicino (303km; 3h 5rsquo;).
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDING
The Tinaia has a total surface of 1,500 sqm (16,140 sqft) and is disposed on two floors, boasting typical features of the Chianti farmhouses, with a typical Tuscan stone construction and internal layout.
The ground floor (850 sqm ndash; 9,146 sqft) includes a room used for wine-making, completely geared with barrels for wine aging, concrete tins and any additional necessary equipment. This is also the room where the conservation, storage, bottling and packing happen. There are bathrooms and vestibules next to it, as well as a professional kitchen.
The first floor includes some boardrooms, showroom and a 90 sqm (968 sqft) apartment. The hall (150 sqm ndash; 1,614 sqft) placed next to the apartment is equipped with an electrical system, heating system and air conditioning system and is perfectly furnished to be used as a restaurant.
The Agriturismo (200 sqm ndash; 2,152 sqft) is set on two floors plus a basement working as a warehouse and is surrounded by a garden. This building, which has recently undergone restoration and is, therefore, in perfect condition, is very bright and airy, set on two floors connected by external staircase with old stone steps. The internal layout of the building is composed of seven rooms, plus some vestibules and bathrooms on the ground floor and additional rooms, entrance hall and bathroom on the first floor. On the lower ground floor are located the technical room and two additional deposit rooms.
STATE AND FINISHES
The house has been recently carefully restored by using top quality materials.The floors are in old hand-made terracotta tiles, while the ceilings are with wooden beams and terracotta tiles.
The external area is provided with three automatic gates. All the external patios, delimited with stone boundary walls overcome by iron balustrades are paved with stone and have a total surface of 598 sqm. The property is completed by 31.6 hectares of land split among Chianti Classico DOCG vineyards (26 ha), olive grove (2 ha), woodland (3 ha) and agricultural land (0.6 ha), plus a 1,000 sqm garden, fitted with irrigation and lighting system. There is also a swimming pool being built in the garden. The vineyards, recently planted, are well cultivated and in good condition.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
- Vineyard surface: 26.0 ha
- Varieties: Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Cabernet-Franc, Cabernet-Sauvignon, Merlot, Trebbiano Toscano, Malvasia Bianca, Chardonnay
- Year of planting: 2002 - 2012
- Density: 3,750 vines / ha
- Average yield: 7.0 tons / ha
- Terrain composition: clayish-calcareous
- Yearly production: 80.000 bottles (up to 200.000)
- Workers: 1 open-ended worker + 2 temporary workers for harvesting and maintenance + seasonal if needed - Containers in the cellar: concrete basins (n.50 totaling 6,000 hl), steel vats (n.25 totaling 2,000 hl), barriques (n.313)
- Chianti Classico DOCG: 100% Sangiovese
- Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG: 100% Sangiovese
- Alta Valle della Greve IGT: 50% Trebbiano, 50% Chardonnay
- Rosso Toscano IGT: 50% Sangiovese, 25% Merlot, 25% Cabernet
- Vinsanto Chianti Classico DOC: 70% Malvasia Bianca, 30% Trebbiano Toscano
- Grappa Chianti Classico: 100% Sangiovese