Between Arezzo and Montevarchi, not far from Laterina, we find this countryside villa, recently restored under the close supervision of Princess Claude d’Orléans, Princess of France. The property features a total of 590 sqm of buildings with 7 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms, all immersed in a 3.0-hectare park in a very quiet and retired position.
The town of Laterina offers all the necessary services but other cities of Tuscany are easily reached in less than two hours by car (Arezzo, Cortona, Siena, Montepulciano, Florence…). The closest airport is in Florence (77km; 1h 10’) but the terminals in Perugia, Rome, Pisa and Bologna are equally convenient.
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The main country house (500 sqm – 5,380 sqft, 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms) is laid over three floors organized as follows:
- Ground floor: a single very large room, not yet finished, which could be used either as office or play room.
- First floor: spacious sitting room, four double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom. There is the possibility of creating a kitchen.
- Second floor: entrance hall, large sitting room with traditional Tuscan stone fireplace, smaller TV room, kitchen/ dinner, dining room, laundry room with guest bathroom, corridor with a staircase leading to the first floor and a master bedroom with en-suite bathroom. The corridor and the living room both have doors leading to the loggia which offers fine sunset view.
The building has been recently restored and boasts all the typical features of Tuscan countryside buildings (stone walls, terracotta floors, wooden beams…). The GPL boiler is linked to a heating system which serves each floor independently, granting total control over the temperature of every room of the building.
The guesthouse (90 sqm – 968 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom) is laid over two floors instead:
- Lower floor: two bedrooms and bathroom;
- Upper floor: living room and kitchen.
Both buildings are equipped with an alarm system on every floor.