On the beautiful hills Val d’Orcia, not far from Montalcino, typical stone farmhouse with dependance, cellar and vineyard.
Easily reached via a short unpaved road (750 m) and not far from the necessary services (3km; 5’), the farmhouse allows a quick and easy reach to several towns of Tuscany: the papal Pienza (16km; 25’), the wine cities of Montalcino (21km; 25’) and Montepulciano (30km; 40’), the medieval Siena (47km; 1h), Arezzo (64km; 55’), the Etruscan Volterra (95km; 1h 45’) and the Renaissant Florence (118km; 1h 30’).
For those who love the seaside, the Tyrrhenian coast of Tuscany can easily be reached in a short time frame: Castiglione della Pescaia (99km; 1h 30’), Follonica (118km; 1h 40’) and Punta Ala (119km; 1h 50’) are the most notable towns.
The most useful airports to reach the property are Grosseto Baccarini (81km; 1h 15’), Perugia San Francesco (93km; 1h 15’), Firenze Vespucci (138km; 1h 40’) and Pisa Galilei (199km; 2h 20’).
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDING
The farmhouse (610 sqm – 6,564 sqft) is laid out onto two floors:
- Ground floor: entrance hall, double bedroom with en-suite bathroom (shower), living room with fireplace and panoramic view over the surrounding countryside, dining room and kitchen with central island and fireplace;
- First floor: bedroom with private loggia and en-suite bathroom (shower and tub) , living room with stone fireplace and kitchenette, loggia with view over the town, bedroom with en-suite bathroom (tub) and walk-in closet, two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom (shower).
The dependance (50 sqm – 538 sqft) is laid out onto two floors:
- Ground floor: studio;
- First floor: two bedrooms.
The cellar (740 sqm – 7,962 sqft) is fully equipped to process the grapes and produce wine in the property.
STATE AND FINISHES
The villa, dating back to the 17th century, has been carefully restored in 2006 with traditional materials and techniques to preserve the rustic look of the building. On the outside we can see classical masonry walls, while on the inside there are terracotta floors, masonry arches, wooden beams and stone fireplace.
The property is made up of 12.5 hectares of land, mainly registered as arable surface. Vineyards cover roughly 4.4 hectares of land and allow to produce each year approx. 86 hl of wine (roughly equivalent to 11,500 bottles) made up of Cabernet Sauvignon (between 40% and 45%), Cabernet Franc (between 40% and 45%) and Petit Verdot (between 10% and 15%).
The remaining surface is split between arable land (7.5 ha) and woodland (0.6 ha).
The garden surrounding the villa also hosts the 20 x 4 m swimming pool.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
- Vineyard surface: 4.4 hectares
- Varieties: Petit Verdot (34%), Cabernet Sauvignon (33%) and Cabernet Franc (33%)
- Year of planting: 2003
- Altitude: 300 – 500 m
- Density: 8,400 vines / ha
- Average yield: 1.6 tons / ha
- Terrain composition: clayish-calcareous
- Yearly production: approximately 86.0 hl (11,500 bottles)
USE AND POTENTIAL USES
The villa, thanks to its size and the presence of a dependance, is perfectly suitable to be used as a B&B-like business capable of hosting up to 14 guests (7 double bedrooms). The cellar built not far from the farmhouse allows processing harvested grapes and bottling wine.