On the hills of Umbria, not far from the border with Tuscany, 15th-century historic villa with annexes to be restored and 4.8 hectares of land.
Easily reached via a short stretch of unpaved road (700 m), the villa enjoys an excellent location which allows easily moving through the several towns of Umbria and Tuscany: a town with services (2km; 5’), Trestina (10km; 15’), Montone (20km; 25’), the Roman Città di Castello (21km; 25’), Umbertide (22km; 25’), the medieval towns of Castiglion Fiorentino (28km; 35’) and Sansepolcro (38km; 35’), Arezzo (40km; 1h), the Etruscan city of Cortona (42km; 55’), Anghiari (44km; 40’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (50km; 1h), Gubbio (52km; 1h), the Etruscan Perugia (66km; 1h) and the Franciscan shrine of Assisi (79km; 1h 10’).
The most convenient airports to reach the property are Perugia Sant’Egidio (64km; 55’), Firenze Peretola (140km; 2h), Pisa Galilei (201km; 2h 40’), Bologna Marconi (212km; 2h 25’), Roma Ciampino (246km; 2h 50’) and Roma Fiumicino (260km; 2h 50’).
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDING
The manor villa (approx. 910 sqm – 9,792 sqft, 6 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms), built in the 15th century, is laid out onto four floors:
- Ground floor: shared entrance hall with staircase, cellars and storage rooms;
- Apartment N°1 (ground floor, renovated): living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
- Apartment N°2 (first floor, to be renovated): living room with fireplace, three bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, dining room, library and sitting room;
- Apartment N°3 (second floor, renovated): living room with fireplace, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
- Apartment N°4 (second floor, to be renovated): living room, kitchen, dining room and bedroom;
- Third floor: partially habitable lofts, currently used as storage rooms.
The property is completed by a guesthouse (80 sqm – 861 sqft), a garage (50 sqm – 538 sqft), a warehouse (33 sqm – 355 sqft), a dovecote (63 sqm – 678 sqft) and an orangery (71 sqm – 764 sqft), each to be restored.
STATE AND FINISHES
The villa is in excellent structural conditions and the roof has been fully remade in 1996. On the inside, the only units restored are the apartment on the ground floor and the one on the second floor, the rest of the buildings needs several works to be fully renovated.
The property is made up of approximately 4.8 hectares of land, mainly covered in woodland (3 ha). The remaining surface makes up the park of the villa.
USE AND POTENTIAL USES
The villa, after completing the necessary renovations, could become a refined private residence or be used as a base for a B&B-like accommodation business, mainly thanks to the extremely convenient location not far from the most interesting towns and cities of Umbria.