The Palacio de Montarco was built in the S.XV and in 1958 it was awarded the category of BIC (Good of Cultural Interest).
Over the years, the Palace has had several uses, from being used as a barracks to serving as a military hospital. When the French army was in retreat, British General Wellington would begin the siege of the city on January 9, 1812. While in Rodrigo City, this palace served as Wellington's headquarters. In exchange for the liberation of the city, Wellington received the title of Duke of Ciudad Rodrigo.
Behind the majestic main entrance door, you access a hall that leads to a cloister that communicates with the stairs, living rooms, suites, bathrooms, archives, warehouse, conditioned cellar, and kitchens. On the upper floor, surrounded by a gallery, there are three large spaces currently used as lounges that can be transformed into rooms if necessary. It also has three spacious rooms with modern en suite bathrooms. On this same floor, there is a large industrial kitchen perfectly equipped for the realization of large events. Renaissance gardens that give to the Cathedral complete the great possibilities that Palacio de Montarco has for the realization of events.
On the side of the gardens, there is another area that can be used as a garage. This palace-house is a notable reference to Renaissance civil architecture at the national level. The current interior architectural configuration, allows the modification of spaces to transform them into others, according to the different activities to which it will be used. It has a hotel license.