The 1937 Historic C. R. Harris Landmark House, at the Gateway to Hermitage Circle, is in the highly desirable West Forest Hills neighborhood next to downtown. This two-story Colonial designed by George Watts Carr sits on over an acre with all the trimmings; columns, wrought iron fence, beautiful decorative entrance gate, and landscaping with close to 100 English boxwoods, magnolias, and roses. The layout features 4 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, 2 fireplaces, an updated kitchen, and a newer detached garage with above storage that could be finished for an extra-large office. This home epitomizes gentile family life with a gracious entrance hall, large formal living room, dining room, and comfortable den with French doors that lead out to thew extensive brick terrace. For anyone wanting to live next to downtown Durham in a historic home with quality traditional architecture, this is the one.