In Umbria, in the province of Perugia, only 2.5 km from the historic centre of a stunning medieval town, former Franciscan convent with church, land and pool for sale.
The convent is located in a hilly and panoramic position, gets good sun exposure and enjoys excellent privacy. One can enter the property from two different entrances, which lead to a parking area and another large area.
Perugia San Francesco airport is approximately forty minutes away, while Roma Ciampino airport and Roma Fiumicino airport can be reached in one hour and forty minutes.
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The convent is made up of several buildings, all connected with each other but potentially independent thanks to the numerous doors that can be closed. In particular, we have a manor villa, a second villa and a section entirely used for the hosting business and split into three independent apartments.
The manor villa is laid out onto five floors:
- Basement: cellar rooms;
- Ground floor: long hallway, studio with bathroom, ample living room with fireplace and frescoes (an ancient refectory) with access onto the panoramic terrace, fine dining room, kitchen with service room, laundry and a covered terrace linked to the pantry.
- First floor: landing, two bedrooms, bathroom and library;
- Second floor: bedroom with en-suite bathroom and terrace, two bedrooms with balcony and shared bathroom, two bedrooms, bathroom and living room with balcony.
- Third floor: bedroom with terrace.
The second villa is laid out onto three floors and made up as follows:
- Basement: tavern and storage room;
- Ground floor: sumptuous living room/dining room with fireplace, two comfortable twin bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen with fireplace, ample living room and private park.
- First floor: ample bedroom, bathroom, balcony and studio.
Three apartments, all reserved for the hosting business, overlook the garden and have independent access:
- Apartment N°1: double access, kitchen, open space living room, bathroom, two bedrooms and terrace;
- Apartment N°2: open space kitchen, living room with fireplace, two bedrooms and bathroom;
- Apartment N°3: ample living room, kitchen, two bedrooms, bathroom and balcony.
The beautiful church boasts an original choir, perfectly restored and fully working.
Other than garage, boiler room and firewood storage, the basement includes the keeper’s apartment, accessible from the front and including a kitchen, a studio, a bathroom and a bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
STATE AND FINISHES
The property was restored some years ago, it is in excellent condition and the roof is new.
The convent, combining historic charm with the most up-to date facilities, features wonderful rooms, vaulted ceilings, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, frescoes, one internal cloister, courtyards, modern and bright bathrooms, numerous balconies and terraces. The main fireplace, the frescoes and the sundial are original.
The monastery sits amdst 9.5 hectares of land, half of which (roughly 4.7 ha) are encircled by a restored stone wall.
The property has a wonderful internal cloister, a terraced garden with panoramic view, a well, vegetable garden, olive grove and a not very large pool, but there is the possibility to build an infinity pool.
USE AND POTENTIAL USES
Three apartments and a villa are currently being rented out, while the main villa is being inhabited by the current owners. Given its size and its internal layout, the property can be used as luxury main home, second home and tourist accommodation, moreover it is possible to host friends and relatives.